Friday, July 1, 2011

Weekly Roundup 7/1


I'm taking a half day off work and getting my holiday weekend started early...heading down to the beautiful Gulf Coast. If you're going out of town and still haven't packed your bag of books, here are links to my best beach picks for this summer, in case you missed them the first time around.



Of the 10 picks, I've already read all but three (Kindred Spirits, One Summer, Burnt Mountain), and I can vouch for those seven...all great reads!

Thanks to your suggestions, my bag includes South of Superior, Ten Thousand Saints, and The Borrower.

I've made a batch of Redneck Caviar (black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, Rotel tomatoes, Italian dressing), and I'm ready to hit the road!

3 comments:

Tina's Blog said...

YAY! I am glad to see you are reading South of Superior. I have had to work the past three days, so I am reading a bit slower, but should finish it today. I am really enjoying it. I will be waiting to hear what you think, too.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Have a wonderful time, and hope you enjoy your books as well.

Marie Cloutier said...

That beach looks so pretty! :-)