Wednesday, February 4, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Eight Hundred Grapes


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Eight Hundred Grapes

By Laura Dave
Publication Date: June 2

From Amazon:

Growing up on her family’s Sonoma vineyard, Georgia Ford learned some important secrets. The secret number of grapes it takes to make a bottle of wine: eight hundred. The secret ingredient in her mother’s lasagna: chocolate. The secret behind ending a fight: hold hands.

But just a week before her wedding, thirty-year-old Georgia discovers her beloved fiancé has been keeping a secret so explosive, it will change their lives forever.

Georgia does what she’s always done: she returns to the family vineyard, expecting the comfort of her long-married parents, and her brothers, and everything familiar. But it turns out her fiancé is not the only one who’s been keeping secrets.



What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!








21 comments:

Ali @ Ali's Books said...

Sounds like high drama! I'm curious about where it's going, though. It's the first time I've seen this one. Thanks for sharing!

Page said...

Wow. Never has a synopsis pulled me in by little tidbits of facts. I usually don't read straight contemporary, but I'm curious. Good pick; added to the TBR.

Laura said...

Most of the books you feature I haven't heard of yet. This one I already have on my TBR list. It looks good!

Aizel Macaldo said...

Sounds interesting. I don't read contemporary much but I want to check this one out. :)

Kay said...

I think this one sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Always love books about family secrets.

Kim@Time2Read said...

Wow! That sounds good! A lot of secrets going around and I want to know what they are! Enjoy!

The Cover Contessa said...

Never heard of this one. Will look into it. I hope you enjoy it!

Maya said...

This book doesn't sound like what I usually read but the first part of the blurb pulled me in! When it talks about the secret ingredients in a lasagna or secret number of grapes- it just adds this feeling of comfort (as homemade lasagna does:)) and uniqueness to it:)

Amirah A said...

This is my first time doing this meme. But wow this synopnis has really caught my eye. Definitely going to be adding this book to my TBR pile

Whitney said...

I hadn't heard of this novel before and the wine aspect of it caught my eye -- thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Lisa Mandina said...

Love the cover of this one, and it sounds interesting. And I want to try that lasagna!

Jill Hoke said...

That book looks great. I'll be putting it on my TBR.

Anonymous said...

That book sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks for hosting!

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

OOH this one sounds good! (Kinda reminds me of A Walk in the Clouds!) Thanks for sharing! <3

Unknown said...

This sounds so good. I'm trying to add more Contemporary novels to my reading this year and this one goes on the TBR now.

Lakin said...

I've never heard of this one, but it sounds interesting!

Milda Harris said...

Haven't heard of this one...but it sounds like a good book and right up my alley! Cool!

Unknown said...

I have this ARC from Netgalley and I can't wait to read it. I hope we both enjoy this book!

JO said...

People living with long Covid after being admitted to hospital are more likely to show some damage to major organs, according to a new study.
รับสร้างบ้านเชียงใหม่

JO said...

Ireland's World Cup dream was ended by New Zealand for the second tournament in a row as the All Blacks deservedly beat their rivals in Paris to set up a semi-final against Argentina. รับ สร้าง บ้าน เชียงใหม่

JO said...

The president of a synagogue in the US city of Detroit, Samantha Woll, has been found stabbed to death in a park not far from her home. สร้างบ้านเชียงใหม่ บริษัทไหนดี