Wednesday, June 8, 2016

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Light of Paris


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Light of Paris

By Eleanor Brown

Publication Date: July 12

From Amazon:

Madeleine is trapped—by her family's expectations, by her controlling husband, and by her own fears—in an unhappy marriage and a life she never wanted. From the outside, it looks like she has everything, but on the inside, she fears she has nothing that matters.

In Madeleine’s memories, her grandmother Margie is the kind of woman she should have been—elegant, reserved, perfect. But when Madeleine finds a diary detailing Margie’s bold, romantic trip to Jazz Age Paris, she meets the grandmother she never knew: a dreamer who defied her strict, staid family and spent an exhilarating summer writing in cafés, living on her own, and falling for a charismatic artist.


Margie and Madeleine’s stories intertwine to explore the joys and risks of living life on our own terms, of defying the rules that hold us back from our dreams, and of becoming the people we are meant to be.


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?



Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!










16 comments:

Maria Behar said...

Oh, I LOVE your pick this week!! I enjoy reading books about women who defy convention and pursue their dreams. And the fact that this novel is set in Paris makes me want to read it even MORE. I still haven't gotten over the fact that I wasn't in Paris when Cezanne, Van Gogh, Picasso, and all of those other AWESOME artists were there....I hadn't been born yet....I would have loved to have met all of them!! And, of course, F. Scott Fitzgerald and Hemingway, as well1 Sigh.... I'm adding this book to my Goodreads shelves!!

BTW I made a little "boo-boo"....somehow, my link was put in twice. My blog is at number 10 AND number 11. Could you remove No. 11? Sorry for any inconvenience...And thanks!!

Happy Wednesday, and Happy Reading, too!! :)

Ruzaika @ Wordy & Whimsical said...

Oh wow, this book sounds really good! Margie sure sounds like one kickass woman :)) Great pick, Jill!

This week, I'm waiting on a Peter Pan retelling! Check it out here

Lovey Dovey Books said...

Love the cover. Anything with the Eiffel tower usually makes me double take.

Lovey Dovey Books

Esther said...

I love the cover, and the book sounds really interesting. I love reading books where the story spans generations, so this one is definitely going on my TBR list.

Reading With Erin said...

This sounds really interesting and the fact that is has paris in it makes me want to read it even more. Thank you for the recommendation.

Angel Erin's Book Obsession said...

Sounds interesting!! I hope you love it. :D

Laura said...

Love the way it sounds. I think a lot of us don't appreciate what our grandparents might have experienced in their youths and how much richer it makes us if we do.

Megan said...

I haven't heard of that one yet but it sounds good :) I have such a hard time looking at pre-order books because if I see one that I like, I want it now. (Another reason I have been reading so much on my kindle lol). Hope you enjoy this one when you get to read it :)

Megan @ Doodles 'n Scribbles

La La in the Library said...

This is my very first WOW link-up! I am going to be doing it once a month. :D

Jim Rhodes said...

I might get a copy of this book. This review is nice. Post it https://paperovernight.com/blog/philosophy-paper here if you want.

Rankerz said...

Technology is getting advanced day by day as we see professional SEO services are gaining ground on a daily basis people like to take this activity for their online business growth.

Crackcon said...

I just couldn’t go away your web site before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual information an individual supply to your guests? Is going to be again continuously to check out new posts.
Thanks For This Great And Very Good Post share with us. I really appriciate you

Hdlicense.net


David James said...

Apna Showroom Unisex Baby's Cotton Panties/Underwear Pack of 12 (Multicolored apsw_Baby_Panties for 0-3-6-12-18-24 months
Baby Nail Cutter for New Born Nail Clipper | Nail Cutter for Infants Kids Baby Babies Stainless Steel with desent Look | Apna Showroom
Apna Showroom Grooming Hair Lice Combs knit combs for Men and Women's kids (apsw_girl_lice comb
lice and nit removals comb lice louse comb for kids women girls men boys ju nikalne wali khanghi nit louse removal comb plastic hair comb for men women girls apna showroom

James said...

Thanks for sharing an informative blog keep rocking bring more details. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. This is a great post. for More Details Click Here:- Brother Printer in Error State

เว็บ เกม สล็อต said...

เว็บ เล่น เกม pg slot ด้วยระบบความปลอดภัย PG SLOT ที่ดียอดแถมยังเป็นเว็บไซต์ใหญ่ ป้อมอาจจะ มีความน่าไว้ใจโดยการการันตีว่าเว็บไซต์พวกเรานั้นเป็นเว็บไซต์ที่ถูกต้องตามกฎหมาย

Btmarketing said...


Youth unemployment in China has hit a new record high as the country's post-pandemic recovery falters. รับสร้างบ้าน เชียงใหม่